Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Homework- Assignment- Health Interview

Person Interviewing: My cousin, Jason Thompson, 27 years old.



1. Have you always been as healthy as you are now? Please explain.

No, when I was younger I used to go out and drink a lot, but not that I have settled down, with a baby and a family I am more responsible, and watch my health further.


2. What particular health habits in the following areas do you practice, that contribute to your level of health?


Nutritional Habits: I eat a balanced diet, but am a vegetarian. I supplement meat with nuts and beans so I still get a large range of food groups.

Fitness Habits: I work late hours and so exercise is a problem for me. I try and go to the gym three times a week in the mornings before work though.

Coping with Stress I definitely need work in this area.

Dealing with Conflicts I like to be Switzerland (not only because I live there) because I don’t like putting myself into conflicts. I am able to come to a compromise though, which I find is the best way to deal with any problem.

Keeping a Positive Attitude: I have a wife and a baby that I love with all my heart, thus keeping a positive attitude about life is easy for me.

Any Additional Healthy Habits: I try and take a holiday from work at least one every two weeks, so that I can take a rest and revitalize.

3. How did you develop these habits?

It takes some planning and a whole lot of determination. It is not easy to keep up a program, and eat healthily (I would much rather order take outs that cook a healthy meal) but if it is important enough for you, it is easy to change your life around and get into a cycle.


4. What motivates you to practice a healthy lifestyle?
        My baby back home, I want to be the best father I can be.


5. Create a question of your own that you would like to ask regarding this person’s healthy lifestyle. Make sure that the question allows your interviewee to expand on his/her thoughts (not a one word answer).


Question: What made you decide to change your life around and became healthy?

Answer: I looked at myself one day, really deeply, and decided I didn’t like the person I was. It is much easier to change the inside of you if the outside appearance is healthy as well.

1 comment: