Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Nutrition Analysis - OPTION 2 – Fit Day

Nutrition Analysis- Normal School day (week day)






Nutrition Analysis- Weekend day (non school day)


ANALYSIS OF BOTH DAYS

how did you do with your eating and activity?
I have to say that I am little concerned with my eating and activity levels. Although I was sure I ate a good amount and a balanced diet I am not consuming more energy than I use. This worries me because it means my body does not get enough food for it to be in the best possible ability for my activities. On the other hand I have a very good activity and food level in itself, meaning I do a lot of sport which keeps me active and healthy.
On the weekend it is normally the time I feast on food. I find that I am so busy during the week, that when I am not busy I am bored and thus feel compelled to eat. But from the Calorie balance I can see that is till do need eat more calories than I burn a day.

How did you do with nutrients (including fats)?
On a week day I tend to eat a lot of carbohydrates throughout the day but weirdly not a lot of protein. This is not a good sign because for the amount of activity I do I need to create a lot of tissue, thus need to be eating more protein. Apart from that my fat levels in my diet are not very high, it is only my protein that needs concerning over.
On the weekend I have a more evenly spread intake of food groups. I eat more protein and less carbohydrates, which is a positive outcome. The only thing I am abit un happy about is my fat intake, because I nibbles on a lot of sweet things on the weekend, bringing my fat intake percentage much higher.


Can you identify any irregularities you might have (too high or too low)
On the week day I have a high intake of Carbs, VitaminB-6, Vitamin B-12, Vitamin C, Iron, Manga, Niacin, Ribofl, Selenium, and Thiamin. I am not to concerned with the Iron intake because I need a lot of iron for swimming, the carbs intake is a concern on the other hand. I also have a very low intake of Calcium, Vitamin E, and Vitamin D, which I need to change.

On the weekend I have a high intake of protein, B-12 and Selenium, which is past the maximum allowance intake of 100mg. I find that surprizing because I did not thing my protein levels were high.  And the same low intakes as a week day, which is even more concerning because I need to get more of these at some time, and I am not.

No comments:

Post a Comment